How We Work
Delivered and Guaranteed
We sell product delivered to your distribution center or warehouse.
For imported products we sell goods delivered duty paid (DDP) are responsible for:
- Ensuring the product meets all applicable USDA and FDA requirements
- Serving as the foreign supplier verification program (FSVP) importer for FDA-regulated products
- Arranging international freight and domestic inland transportation to your named place of delivery
- Serving as the importer of record for shipments
- Making entry of the goods through Customs and filing all required entry documents
- Classifying and valuing the goods for Customs purposes
- Paying all applicable duties, taxes and fees
- Obtaining all required USDA permits
- Filing FDA prior notice and more
For foreign and domestic products we verify all applicable FDA and USDA regulations are met and provide a written guarantee which gives our customers a safe harbor from penalties under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Cutting Edge Ordering Technology
We utilize proprietary EDI as API technology to maximize ordering accuracy and efficiency. We provide non-EDI ordering options as well.
Our customers enjoy:
- Advanced EDI ordering
- Sales orders for each purchase order
- A custom portal with purchase order, sales order and invoice history
- EDI invoicing options
Retailer-Driven International Sourcing
Are you a buyer looking for a product from a foreign supplier, but cannot source it because your company is unwilling to serve as the Foreign Supplier Verification Program Importer (FSVP Importer) or importer of record? Get in touch. We may be able to import the product for you and have it delivered directly to your distribution center.
You tell us the item you need, the price you want and, if applicable, the particular supplier(s) you want to source it from and we take care the rest.
When you request our sourcing services we:
- Identify suppliers as appropriate
- Verify the food safety practices of the suppliers
- Act as the FSVP Importer
- Serve as the importer of record
- Obtain all required permits
- Deliver to your named destination and more
Many of our items can be purchased as private label. Our private label services include:
- Label design
- Label compliance review
- In-store sampling services
Meeting Your Sustainability and Food Safety Standards
We will meet your quality assurance team's food safety and ethical sourcing requirements including as applicable:
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification
- Carbon emission offsets
- Ethical Sourcing Standards (SMETA)
- Sustainability Standards